Protection of the Mother of God Slovak Greek Catholic Church
Oshawa’s Slovak Greek Catholic parish was first established in 1952, and in 1955, their church, Protection of the Mother of God, was blessed. It was built in an architectural style is typical of Eastern Orthodoxy. Between 1952 and 1955, before the church could be built, services were being held at the Slovak Hall at 470 Ritson Road South (at this location today is The Corner Church). The Protection of the Mother of God was built just to the north of this hall.