The first Hungarian family immigrated to Oshawa in 1924. Later many followed, and between 1927 to 1929, the number of Hungarians in Oshawa grew to between 350 and 400. This was followed by various immigration waves through the following decades.
In 1933, the Oshawa Hungarians established the Hungarian Culture Club, and they had their cultural clubhouse located on Albany Street until 2018 when they closed their doors. Today, this building is occupied by the Gate 3:16 Outreach Centre, and the Cultural Club maintains a Facebook page for connecting Oshawa’s Hungarian community today.